Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] minimum nested pairs of parentheses in calc to 32 (#3462)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:04:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@AmeliaBR Right, but that doesn't restrict the number of parens you have to be able to handle; you could have a single "term" wrapped in a hundred paren pairs and not violate that support requirement. ^_^

Tho I suppose there's no reason to mandate at least 32 nesting levels and mandate less than 32 *terms*, since the only reason to add parens is to separate terms. We should probably bump the minimum terms requirement to 32 as well, then.

I think I also need to rewrite that requirement a bit, as it's implicitly (and vaguely) referring to tokens; as stated, an expression containing a single `1` and a thousand `attr(foo px)` terms would be required to be supported.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3462#issuecomment-479675574 using your GitHub account