Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Revert to the TR rendering model, where transform-style:preserve-3d establishes the 3d rendering context. #1950 (#3750)

From: Simon Fraser via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 05:33:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't have time to do a full review of this at the moment, but I wonder if we should keep working on a branch for a while to avoid having the ED bounce between two significantly different versions, until we have consensus about reverting to the older version of the spec.

I think getting that consensus should also involves some more data-driven estimations of web compatibility. Maybe implementors can gather information about sites using 3D transforms (e.g. from bug reports) so we can see what's important for compat.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smfr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/3750#issuecomment-478851151 using your GitHub account