Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid-1] Interpolating track listings

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 00:07:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Note that in w3c/svgwg#543 implementors were unhappy about "splitting up" the interpolation of a single property such that some parts could interpolate discretely due to a mismatch while the rest still interpolated normally.

Specifically, I think Blink had difficulty with this for path commands in particular. In Gecko/Servo it makes no difference--rather we had to add code to achieve the less granular fallback behavior.

Going forward, I think we should prefer more localized/granular fallback for the reasons I outlined in that issue.

That said, I definitely agree we want to avoid dependencies between properties when doing interpolation.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3201#issuecomment-428017363 using your GitHub account