Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] font-display says it's valid in @font-feature-values but it isn't an at-rule (#2973)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 16:44:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Would the `@font-face-defaults` rule apply to all `@font-family` blocks that share the font name?

It’s a little unfortunate to make an entirely new at-rule just for a single descriptor. What else might we eventually want to put in that rule?

I wonder if instead of having a proliferation of different kinds of at-rules, we could instead do something like WebIDL’s “partial interfaces” or Swift’s “extensions” to allow you to re-open a previously closed block.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2973#issuecomment-442129481 using your GitHub account