Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Use "computes to" instead of "behaves as" for display: contents on unusual elements.

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:51:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The Working Group just discussed `Use "computes to" instead of "behaves as" for display: contents on unusual elements`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: serialize it out as none`
* `RESOLVED: compute to none`

&lt;dael> Topic: Use "computes to" instead of "behaves as" for display: contents on unusual elements<br>
&lt;dael> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2755<br>
&lt;dael> fantasai: We had said that display contents behaves as display:none on certain elements like some SVG. There's an appendix of exactly which ones. emilio filed an issue to jsut say computes to display:none since that's easier from impl then handling that at used style time<br>
&lt;dael> fantasai: TabAtkins and I have not much of an opinion. Up to impl.<br>
&lt;dael> emilio: Do we clear everyone that impl computes to none?<br>
&lt;fantasai> s/Do we/To be/<br>
&lt;astearns> s/Do we/To be/<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: Any reason to do anything other than that? Sounds like there's interop.<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: Objections to serialize it out as none?<br>
&lt;dael> RESOLVED: serialize it out as none<br>
&lt;dael> RESOLVED: compute to none<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2755#issuecomment-400751693 using your GitHub account