[csswg-drafts] [selectors-4] Pick up the "current url" selector idea?

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 21:52:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
jonjohnjohnson has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [selectors-4] Pick up the "current url" selector idea? ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#the-current-pseudo

See -> https://wiki.csswg.org/ideas/current-url-selector

> The current link pseudo-class selector would have the following pattern: `E:current(n) {}`

Please read the wiki page linked above, I won't rehash all it has to say here. I am wondering if this was ever shot down and if not, what folks think about it now? Because I cannot help but imagine it as extremely useful, especially keeping in mind the `:has` relational pseudo-class allowing a "current" anchors parent element to also be selected.

I know that `:current` is now a part of the time-dimensional pseudo-classes, so this would need a new/different name? Possibly expanding on the `:target` pseudo-class? Or `:current-link()`?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2814 using your GitHub account