Re: [csswg-drafts] Taking elements only out of the flow of imidiate parent, not out of flow of entire document

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 22:16:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Until a feature like this is implemented, I've found *some success settting `position: fixed` on my element then setting the `transform` of the desired grandparent element to something other than `none` to act as it's containing block. Doesn't always afford my layouts the freedom I'd want all around, but is a bandaid for now @Meteor0id. https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/913

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2806#issuecomment-399597043 using your GitHub account