Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Blockifications should establish BFC in block containers

From: Ilya Streltsyn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 10:56:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol, now they aren't. But prior the concept of `flow-root` (and `blockification` itself!), their behavior could be considered as "partial blockification" (the part of flow as a whole was given the block features like width/height, box model properties etc., and this block-like thing was then contained in an atomic inline box).

With that said, I agree that in current terms blockification and FC-fication are more-or-less orthogonal things. I just tried to expand the scope of the problem a bit, hoping that different view of this behavior could help to find a different, simpler description for it:)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2673#issuecomment-399404708 using your GitHub account