Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] When are run-in wrapped in anonymous block, exacly?

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 03:16:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol I don't think that is not necessary. a) “Otherwise” is an else-type qualifier, that is, its clause is exclusive with whatever it's contrasting with. If it was additive, we'd use “Then” or “Finally”. b) The "If" and "Otherwise" clauses are in an unordered list, thus, there is not even any implied sequencing.

The reason for keeping the ordering as it is now is that the reparenting aspect of run-ins is what's most important about them, so we want to present that first. Otherwise the text as a whole makes less sense.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1640#issuecomment-398963365 using your GitHub account