Re: [csswg-drafts] css expression inheritance

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 17:02:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It seems the discussion got derailed to reading the value of a variable from the parent element (#1962) or to force the specified value to be resolved immediately. That's useful for sure, but it doesn't seem to provide a way to avoid resolving `var()` and let it be inherited as specified. Unless I'm missing something this is what the first post asked, and I think it can also have its uses.

@jonjohnjohnson I would prefer [`.el { --index: sibling-index(.el); }`](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1869#issuecomment-340112791)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2749#issuecomment-397683354 using your GitHub account