Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Allow shape-outside to apply to initial letter

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:49:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@astearns Afaict, you're proposing that for a typical drop-cap, we need to set `initial-letter-wrap: first` to get it to kern the first line into the rectangular space, and also set `shape-outside: special-initial-letter-behavior`. I think that's unnecessary. If someone needs a shape that's not the initial letter’s own shape, they can set `shape-outside`. Otherwise we should just use the shape of the initial letter as described in the spec.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/885#issuecomment-396987595 using your GitHub account