Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Logical properties should be animatable like the physical ones

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 00:18:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>From memory, we began implementing this in Firefox but never finished it. It's complicated by the fact that you can also animate the `writing-mode` etc. so that part-way through the animation the mapping for the properties changes, e.g.

```css
#element {
  margin: 50px 100px;
  animation: yer 5s;
}
@keyframes yer {
  to { margin-inline-start: 200px; writing-mode: vertical-lr; }
}
```

As a result you can't just do the mapping to physical properties when you set up the animation. Instead you need to re-evaluate the mapping whenever the _animated_ value of the `writing-mode`, `direction` etc. change.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2751#issuecomment-396093761 using your GitHub account