Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain] SIze contain shouldn't apply to tables

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 02:55:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I can recall times when I've used tables with `table-layout: fixed` and `width` not set to `auto`, where I'd be surprised to find out `contain` has no effect. Would this then force me to use a bunch of non-semantic divs with table structure `display` values? I'm primarily thinking of highly responsive layouts where I'm simulating element query behaviors, guessing I'd gain decent perf from using `contain`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2746#issuecomment-395276740 using your GitHub account