Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] request to pick up the css-nesting proposal

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 17:00:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Alternatively, the only ambiguous case is when the selector starts with an element selector, right? If it starts with an id, class, pseudo-class, or pseudo-element, we know immediately.
What if the ampersand was only required in that case?
This will simplify a ton of cases. It has the drawback if being a little less consistent but then again, so was requiring whitespace around `+` and `-` in `calc()`, but we did that. 😁

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2701#issuecomment-394785270 using your GitHub account