Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] consider putting more power on user instead of author

From: Ido Rosenthal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:59:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>From the perspective of the component author, The ability to define a style API (whatever that ends up being) is important in order to handle component versioning over time.

And while I think code that guides developers on how to use it correctly, as intended by the author, is incredibly important, I agree that there should be a way to opt-out when needed to. a way to "dangerously" pass the shadow boundary would be helpful at certain times.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by idoros
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2963#issuecomment-408873314 using your GitHub account