Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Specify algorithms for computing line-box intrusion into float's margin box.

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:34:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't see how one could conclude from the spec that growing/shrinking the axes of an ellipse would be an appropriate way to apply shape-margin. The shape-margin definition doesn't allow it. And there's an example of applying positive shape-margin to a polygon that shows that the resulting shape is no longer a polygon.

We can definitely add more precise wording than "don't intersect," but I don't think we're going to be able to get precise enough to (for instance) guarantee that implementations are going to achieve the same line breaks.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2949#issuecomment-408193317 using your GitHub account