Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Specify algorithms for computing line-box intrusion into float's margin box.

From: Ian Kilpatrick via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:19:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sorry that sentence should be "how far into the float's margin box can I go, e.g. based on the shape area".

If we don't have an algorithm for this then different implementations will add/subtract things at different stages, causing different behaviour when things saturate. Additionally "don't intersect" isn't enough; a valid implementation then would be to simply position line-boxes based on a bounding-rect of the shape area. Defining an algorithm for above, while a lot of work, will ensure that implementations have exactly the same behaviour, and less work for future/current implementations looking to implement the spec correctly.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bfgeek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2949#issuecomment-408188931 using your GitHub account