Re: [csswg-drafts] Add a new media query feature: client-width and client-height, which equal to (viewport size - scrollbar size)

From: 張俊芝 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 14:03:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I didn't think of why the two features weren't added in the first place, after a thought today, I kind of understand the reason behind it.

May it be a consideration of a paradox? The paradox is:
If we don't do layout, how can we know if it overflows beforehand? If we don't know if it overflows beforehand, how can we know the client width/height used for layout?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Zhang-Junzhi
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2933#issuecomment-405942264 using your GitHub account