Re: [csswg-drafts] Allowing (or not) alternate ellipsis behavior for block-overflow

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 09:21:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh, I see, only about the part hidden by ellipsis. Thank you for the correction.

For that part, I haven't done much serious investigation for how to implement, but if we want to honor the break opportunities and its related CSS properties, I think we'll want to use layout. I'm hoping we can re-use existing code for hyphenation for this purpose.

If it's only at grapheme boundary, I agree that using `text-overflow` code might be easier. But then changing it to MUST may make us harder to support break opportunity properties in future.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2905#issuecomment-404448505 using your GitHub account