[csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] new pseudo class that matches shadow hosts

From: Takayoshi Kochi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 05:41:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
TakayoshiKochi has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-selectors] new pseudo class that matches shadow hosts ==
We would like to propose a new `:has-shadow` pseudo class that matches an element with open shadow root attached. The name is tentative and I am open to discussion for any alternatives.

The expected use cases are mostly for searching shadow host element, to run `querySelector` recursively, as we lost `>>>` combinator.  For styling purpose, `:host` and `:host()`, or [custom element default style](https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues/468) satisfy most of the needs, I believe.

See also https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/665 for more context.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2908 using your GitHub account