Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes-1] Degenerate polygons with positive shape-margin

From: Brad Werth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:48:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm not too keen on this point. Could result in weird rounding errors where it is difficult to shrink the rectangle to exactly zero. I would rather limit the inset rectangle to a minimum of zero width/zero height, using rules similar to how border-radius values that add to greater than 100% are adjusted.

I would support that as long as the spec defines the location of the point. Where should it be in a case like inset(100% 100% 50% 50%)? The two choices I would find most intuitive are either at the center of the original rect, or at the center of the inverted rect.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradwerth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2375#issuecomment-404255333 using your GitHub account