Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] Concern about combinatorial explosion

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 02:36:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh! I misread your rule, I didn't realize they were two rules nested in the single parent rule.

(Tangent: that's an invalid rule, btw. Can't have a rule like `e f & {}`, needs to be `@nest e f & {}`.)

So that expands to the two rules `:matches(a b) c d {} e f :matches(a b) {}`. Or if you wanted to use your comma-separated one from the last comment, `:matches(a b) c d, e f :matches(a b) {}`.

What did you think was complicated about desugaring that?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2881#issuecomment-403680485 using your GitHub account