Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] Concern about combinatorial explosion

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 05:02:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> but then I think implementations should just not do this, and reuse the parent part without actually duplicating it.

I thought it is very tricky to implement nesting without actually expanding them. But after thinking about it further, I think there is a reasonable simple algorithm to implement this without expanding, so I'm going to close this issue.

I'm a bit concern about it's indication of promoting use of `:matches`, but that's probably a separate issue.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2881#issuecomment-402926438 using your GitHub account