Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors4] Name the “functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity”

From: Stanislav Lashmanov via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 14:51:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have a strong feeling this repeats mistakes from CSS2, when pseudo-classes and pseudo-elements were the same thing syntactically (remember `:after` and `::after`?). Now with introduction of functional selectors they have exactly the same syntactic form for as pseudo-classes. But when we get one more functional selector (like a negative `:is`) and then another one and another one it becomes hard to distinguish ones that affect specificity and ones that do not.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by CyberAP
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2143#issuecomment-402748616 using your GitHub account