Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] Concern about combinatorial explosion

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 01:21:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have a feeling that shortening selectors is also an important usefulness from nesting, so I don't completely buy that combinatorial explosion is *the* point, but I'm okay with that argument.

Do we have data on how many levels do people do nowadays with preprocessors? I assume two levels (one top level and one level nested) should cover majority of cases, and three levels should almost cover the rest. Do people use 5 or 6 levels a lot? With 6 level, you just need 10 selectors in each level to get 1M, which feels problematic still.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2881#issuecomment-402580641 using your GitHub account