[csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] Define how invalid nested rules should be handled

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 00:25:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
upsuper has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-nesting] Define how invalid nested rules should be handled ==
There are several cases in the spec that a nested rule becomes invalid, but it doesn't mention how an invalid nested rule should be handled.

Should the specific sub-rule be dropped, or should its parent rule be treated invalid as well?

My intuition is that probably only the invalid sub-rule should be dropped, but it's not clear to me whether the other way around would be better.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2880 using your GitHub account