Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] elementFromPoint, elementsFromPoint, and caretPositionFromPoint should not return an element inside a shadow tree

From: smaug---- via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 11:25:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> So given w3c/webcomponents#735 (comment) it appears that chromium and gecko are moving towards what WebKit implemented.

I'm not quite sure, at least based on test results. Like Gecko returns null for text in shadowroot, since that is what is most  logical (host is after all above ShadowRoot).
Current Nightly (with shadowdom pref) gives same test results as blink in https://wpt.fyi/shadow-dom/DocumentOrShadowRoot-prototype-elementFromPoint.html

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smaug----
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/556#issuecomment-369210448 using your GitHub account