Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display][css-tables][css-speech] Is the 'display' value supposed to affect the semantics exposed to screen readers?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:41:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> So maybe CSS Display should explicitly state somewhere that the display property isn't meant to affect the semantics of the elements

display:none makes an element disappears and changes semantics though

that behavior is defined very clearly in aria specs, it is not clear why anyone would think changing semantics makes sense in other cases; I don't think we have a spec problem here, we just have a resource priority problem. Not opposed to a note, but that won't change UA behavior for tables any time soon.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2355#issuecomment-368642891 using your GitHub account