[csswg-drafts] [css-lists] Outside marker positioning with floats

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:42:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
kojiishi has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-lists] Outside marker positioning with floats ==
[Positioning markers in CSS Lists](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-lists-3/#position-marker) defines that the marker is positioned at the border edge of the ancestor list item. I understand this section is not ready, but to share our findings.

When there're floats, it looks like:
* Trident/Edge still positions the marker at the border edge of `<li>`.
* Blink/Gecko/WebKit shifts the position by the amount of floats.

[Test@codepen](https://codepen.io/kojiishi/pen/gvBQMN)

A test in WebKit/Blink [fast/lists/003.html](https://trac.webkit.org/browser/webkit/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/lists/003.html) indicates this was intentionally done.

/cc @FremyCompany @cathiechen

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2361 using your GitHub account