Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] getComputedStyle()[--var] return a resolved value?

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 00:12:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol Your suggested approach is what I often do, and is what I'd meant when saying...

> ...used as the exact value of a property for which I could retrieve the resolved value.

But using that type of approach thrashes my layout more than desired to just retrieve a resolved value.

Didn't think about [registerProperty](https://drafts.css-houdini.org/css-properties-values-api/#the-registerproperty-function) for this, but makes a lot of sense, even if it requires more heavy lifting than my original request.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2358#issuecomment-368270917 using your GitHub account