[csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-3] Remove hyphenation from spec text

From: Tommy Hodgins via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 02:17:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
tomhodgins has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-fonts-3] Remove hyphenation from spec text ==
Hello! I was just reading the [CSS-Fonts-3 spec](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-3/) to learn about about the strings allowed inside `format()`, but due to `hyphens: auto;` being applied on the text of the spec itself, it appeared like "open-type" was allowed, when in reality the text of the spec says it's "opentype" that's allowed.

I checked a couple of other specs and the same hyphenation rule seems to affect them as well, I wonder how many other people this has tripped up and frustrated.

Here's what I see in my browser for [this section](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-3/#src-desc):

---

![in the browser](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/955601/36130199-6d077e98-1039-11e8-9f8c-2fe8988a12ec.png)

---

And here's the HTML content without the hyphenation applied:

---

![in HTML](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/955601/36130212-798036a6-1039-11e8-9065-a75c3cd1e029.png)

---

Could the auto hyphenation be removed for any quoted strings, or even the whole text? Now that I'm looking at it, I don't think it's helping the legibility of the unquoted words either.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2307 using your GitHub account