Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Support for CSS namespaces

From: Slawomir Brzezinski via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 20:20:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@ionas Thanks for your thoughts. It's certainly good to know there is a demand, and declarative Shadow DOM, even as it is offered by the browsers now, is certainly a step forward.

I'm still concerned about the final goal though - being able to allow external rules to pass through. From the [response](https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/510#issuecomment-363801987) to the comment I linked to, the 'declarative shadow DOM' is (rightly) not trying to solve the problem whether it should be offered.
I hope this issue is more appropriate to solve it. And while the proposals here suggest solutions different to it (namespacing and @​where ), I feel that, if declarative Shadow DOM gets implemented, piggybacking onto that element with something like a `mode=` attribute is quite a nice solution. After all, both intentions relate to preventing CSS leaks.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by zlamma
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/270#issuecomment-364688245 using your GitHub account