Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] Selectors for “text-ish” and “button-ish” inputs

From: Ragdoll via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 21:04:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`select` and `textarea` are textish inputs that make textish complicated, but since they have different selectors, I think we’ll always have to treat them as special cases.

Just spit-balling here:

`input:text` would include text inputs and exclude `[type="range"]` and `["type=image"]` (and would require `textarea` and `select` to be selected separately)
`input:check` would include checkboxes and radios.
`input:pick` would include text inputs that offer toggleable pickers, like a calendar date picker, or eyedropper color picker.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by revoltpuppy
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2296#issuecomment-364566453 using your GitHub account