Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-cascade] [css-scoping] [cssom] What should getComputedStyle return for an element which isn't in the flat tree?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 02:45:40 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
**Cross-posting from 1548:**

> An element assigned to a slot doesn't inherit from the shadow host, but from the assigned slot. There's no spec that defines that in case it's not assigned to any slot it should inherit from the host, afaict.

Ah, that should probably be added then; more than likely it's just an oversight. Using their parent's style is the closest approximation of the behavior that would happen whenever it gets slotted, so that looks reasonable to me.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1964#issuecomment-363984966 using your GitHub account