Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Serialization of the computed value of `translate` property.

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 00:58:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The Working Group just discussed ``[css-transforms-2] Serialization of the computed value of `translate` property``, and agreed to the following resolutions:

* `RESOLVED: % values of translate are serialized as percent for computed values. Add note making the behavior explicit.`

&lt;dael> Topic: [css-transforms-2] Serialization of the computed value of `translate` property<br>
&lt;dael> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2124<br>
&lt;dael> TabAtkins: It's if translate 50% serialized to pixel or %. it depnds on layout info. Has to stay as a % right?<br>
&lt;dael> AmeliaBR: Because % are resolved against transform box which are usually width and height of css box and is more complex for svg<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: I'm in favor to keep them as % so we don't rely on layout.<br>
&lt;dael> TabAtkins: And this is by default in the spec [reads]<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: So it's editorial making it explicit?<br>
&lt;dael> TabAtkins: At best we could match what translate function says. No need to do anything different.<br>
&lt;dael> AmeliaBR: It's for impl<br>
&lt;dael> ericwilligers: Perhaps it was blink making it absolute for lack of works?<br>
&lt;dael> ??: The FF impl wanted ot align with chromium but I said spec said % so I wanted to clairyf<br>
&lt;dael> ericwilligers: I think we'd got a wpt that says % so we have to fix blink and edge<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: % is easier, less work. I'm willing to make that change.<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: Is blink okay?<br>
&lt;dael> smfr: Yeah.<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: Webkit?<br>
&lt;dael> ericwilligers: I don't think they impl the prop<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: objections?<br>
&lt;birtles> s/??/birtles/<br>
&lt;Rossen_> RESOLVED: % values of translate are serialized as percent for computed values. Add note making the behavior explicit.<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2124#issuecomment-363966256 using your GitHub account