Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms] Named rotation axis

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 23:28:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Though another option is for the 2-D version to be what you get if you omit the axis/vector, and the 3-D version to be what you get if you include it.

That's what happens today, so yeah.  I do generally like the omitted value to default to some *specific* value (not be a distinct behavior in its own right), but if we can't come up with a good answer for what to call it, I'm fine with just leaving it out for now. We can always add a keyword for it later.

(I agree that `2d` is the best value, and also that it's impossible to use due to parsing concerns. Clearly the right answer is to use `d2` ^_^)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2130#issuecomment-363947240 using your GitHub account