Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] aspect ratio units needed

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 22:10:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Looking back over @jensimmons' comments in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/333, I'm going to suggest that we a) have an `aspect-ratio` property, as proposed earlier, to give individual items an aspect ratio, which can then be transferred to the grid track via `auto` sizing b) use `ar` units to mean a multiple of `1fr` in the other axis. This seems like it would cover most cases, but it'd be good to hear from @jensimmons and @rachelandrew if there's other cases that are commonly needed.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1173#issuecomment-363581887 using your GitHub account