Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Syntax of "rotate" judged unintuitive (and not interoperable anyway)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 03:14:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hmmm... this issue overlaps with #2130, which is also discussing the syntax of the `rotate` property.

As I mentioned over there, I think that the order of angle vs axis should be flexible, so long as unitless 0 is not allowed for the angle (as agreed in #2116).

I personally don't think the function notation is necessary for grouping the axis vector values, but I don't have a problem with it. It is neater than any other solution.

Splitting the property into longhands is probably something that could wait until we have more real-world feedback.  It might turn out that what authors really want are separate rotate-x, rotate-y, rotate-z properties, or something like that.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1269#issuecomment-363297184 using your GitHub account