Re: [csswg-drafts] CSS :active and JS mousedown preventDefault complication

From: Boris Zbarsky via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 14:32:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> while active is already set before firing mousedown in the other browsers.

Lovely.  This is why we need actual specs instead of handwaving.  With a processing model, instead of handwaving.  ;)

> the processing for ":active" in Edge happens in the input/output message pipeline directly

Does it get affected by things like user-select, SVG bits that affect event targeting, etc?  I mean, it must at least be happening after the event target is determined, right?

I am not wedded to the current Firefox behavior, and am willing to change it, but not willing to change it twice.  Hence it would be good to have a clear spec for what the behavior should be.

> Test 52 ESR version. I see only random numbers.

It would help if you were running the actual testcase I linked, which has no random numbers and the behavior I described.  Including in ESR52.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bzbarsky
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2262#issuecomment-363101154 using your GitHub account