Re: [csswg-drafts] CSS :active and JS mousedown preventDefault complication

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 04:57:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Test case: http://jsfiddle.net/n45k9/112/ (seems to be specific for links indeed) -- @bzbarsky @smaug

--------------------------

Well, <a href="https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics-other.html#selector-active">it is</a>. I guess the reason is the past only links used to be :active things, so I'm fairly sure there is a bunch of content that depends on a specific behavior for active on links that might actually be different from other elements.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2262#issuecomment-362881067 using your GitHub account