Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables] [selectors] Should custom properties work for :visited?

From: SelenIT via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 20:35:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In my opinion, Blink/WebKit's behavior seems to make more sense. Custom properties are not [allowed visited properties](https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors/#allowed-visited-property), so `var()` uses the cascaded value from other rules matching the link. Given that the purpose of visited link styling limitation is user's privacy protection, this sounds reasonable to me.

In Edge 16, the link is also brown.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2263#issuecomment-362699509 using your GitHub account