Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] elementFromPoint, elementsFromPoint, and caretPositionFromPoint should not return an element inside a shadow tree (#556)

From: Sebastian Zartner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 09:27:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Regarding duplicated content, it's a bit trickier than that. Right now all engines can return a node twice if you absolutely position some generated content.

As far as I can see, CSSOM View doesn't say anything about generated content. So I guess that needs to be clarified, too.

Also, as an author I'd expect that it is somehow indicated that the first element is actually the pseudo-element and not the `<div>`, but let me know if that's out of scope for this issue.

Sebastian

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SebastianZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/556#issuecomment-450113431 using your GitHub account