Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-flex] Doubt about baseline alignment (#3416)

From: Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:14:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Just a comment regarding Case 2; I think Chromium/WebKit are correct in this case, due to this statement of the Flex spec:

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-flexbox-1/#flex-baselines
> Otherwise, if the flex container has at least one flex item, the flex container’s first/last main-axis baseline set is generated from the alignment baseline of the startmost/endmost flex item. (If that item has no alignment baseline parallel to the flex container’s main axis, then one is first synthesized from its border edges.)

So, the baseline of the inline-flex container is determined by its only flex item, which has no natural baseline, so it's synthesized using its border edge.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by javifernandez
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3416#issuecomment-448592983 using your GitHub account