Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-flex] Doubt about baseline alignment (#3416)

From: Manuel Rego Casasnovas via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 14:28:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In case 2) there is no flex item, so I don't think that @javifernandez's explanation is right.

My reasoning regarding case 2) is that the inline-block lacks any inline children, so it uses its synthetized baseline, which in this case is the margin box, thus the 50px bottom margin is considered in order to align it.
For the same reason I think that case 4) could be similar, the inline-block has any inline children so it should use its margin box (but maybe in that case it applies that the flex container uses the baseline from its item).

BTW all these cases are the same using grid layout instead of flexbox.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mrego
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3416#issuecomment-448614699 using your GitHub account