Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] Segment Break Transformation Rules for East Asian Width property of A (#337)

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 08:06:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm not entirely sure which part kojiishi is objecting to.

Because I didn't object!! Jokes aside, I really didn't. Let me try again.

1. I'm neutral on EAW=A issue. Need more investigation and experiments.
2. I'm rather negative on Emoji issue.
3. Either way, I will not object if other impls are interested in, or WG has consensus.

Implementation-wise:

1. Blink has implemented the spec one year or so ago in LayoutNG.
2. May consider EAW=A after we ship LayoutNG.
3. Emoji has some technical difficulties that we may not implement.

Please let me know if this is not still clear, I'll increase the time at English class.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/337#issuecomment-448504678 using your GitHub account