Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] shaping breaks and typographic characters (#699)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:39:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The current spec text says it should work if the implementation can manage to pull it off, as you requested. It is not technically possible in many cases such as if the font maps a single glyph to the grapheme cluster, therefore we can't require it. I don't see that there's anything more that the CSS spec can say on this matter.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/699#issuecomment-446771316 using your GitHub account