Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] cursive shaping breaks needs better scoping (#698)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 00:12:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `cursive shaping breaks needs better scoping`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: Close issue #698 no change`

&lt;dael> Topic: cursive shaping breaks needs better scoping<br>
&lt;dael> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/698#issuecomment-437944436<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen: Reopened a couple weeks ago.<br>
&lt;dael> fantasai: This was an issue where Richard asked us to clarify or change where we have breaks across element boundries or not. I think he was asking for it to not break when there's a border. There's a span mid-word. Current spec requires if you have border, margin, or padding we don't shape across that boundry<br>
&lt;dael> fantasai: Richard asked to have that changed. Asked Jonathan for his opinion and that FF does that is a problem. We're keeping current set of rules is that latest on the issue<br>
&lt;dael> fantasai: Wanted to ask if there's anyting to add. If not I'll close editorial for clarifications, but no change<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen: I support the no change. Change would be nontrivial and i'm not sure how it would impact web compat.<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen: Objections?<br>
&lt;dael> RESOLVED: Close issue #698 no change<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/698#issuecomment-444700062 using your GitHub account