[csswg-drafts] [css-overscroll-behavior] and users text selection boundary scroll chaining of none value (#3394)

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 01:29:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
jonjohnjohnson has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-overscroll-behavior] and users text selection boundary scroll chaining of none value ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-overscroll-behavior-1

It seems to me, in all of my poking and prodding of `overscroll-behavior`, that whenever an author would want to inhibit scroll chaining,  by use of `overscroll-behavior: none`, they would also want to keep from a users selection of text inside to cause scrolling of any ancestor scrollers. From what I can gather, `user-select: contain` may have some implications here if it separately covers this case and would require use of both property declarations, or if it's worthwhile to the effect provided only by `overscroll-behavior: none`?

@majido

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3394 using your GitHub account