Re: [csswg-drafts] [css21][css-inline] Meta bug for line height

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 00:47:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Things all implementations agree about:
* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1797
* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1801
* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1802
* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1800
* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1804

Disagreements:
* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1798

TL;DR: We have interoperability in the general case both for the height of inline boxes, the position of the baseline therein, and for the height of the content area of inline boxes. Specs should be updated accordingly. The remaining cases where interop is lacking are odd corner cases, which we should harmonize and specify.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1796#issuecomment-328698556 using your GitHub account