Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-grid] Intrinsic sizing with ∑flex < 1 is broken

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:30:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tabatkins I'm not saying it's incorrect, just that as a naive reader I assigned the parenthetical to it's closest sentence part. I think my problem is that the parenthetical came after the preposition.

Or in other words, in this construction "if the result is not zero, divide it by {(some parenthetical) its foo}" I'm scanning {} as a prepositional phrase that's the object of the verb.

It would be clearer to say "if the result is not zero, divide a positive result by … or a negative result by …"

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1735#issuecomment-328634211 using your GitHub account